Partner and Charismatic Evangelist, Brand Strategy
Firm: Startup Qualitative Strategy/Insights/Branding Firm, founded by innovative, industry leading executives. The Partner’s central responsibility: working with existing clients & winning new business. First and foremost, this individual is expected to deliver outstanding client work, lead a roster of great clients, and help to continue to build a team in the US.
The person in this role needs to be someone who can provide clients with genuine strategic insight from the work, inspiring trust and confidence from clients in the caliber of work delivered as well as high level of conversation about clients’ businesses.
In addition, this individual need to be skilled at driving and empowering a team to create high quality work and develop strong client relationships.
As a Partner in the firm, he/she would be expected to lead new business pitches and develop new opportunities from both existing clients and new clients. The person in this role should have an immediate impact in meetings, impressing clients with their business, research and cultural knowledge. They should be able to comfortably hold their own with senior clients and inspire a desire to work closely with the firm. They will work with the firm’s founders to ensure we’re always prospecting for new work & clients, not just in fallow periods. In addition, they should be constantly thinking of engaging and cut-through ways for us to market our services to existing and prospective clients.
- Experience as an outstanding research practitioner, with specific experience in international research
- Extensive brand and communications research experience
- Broad-based industry experience – CPG, technology, startups, hospitality
- Be well respected and be able to work with senior marketing personnel and executives in client companies, as well as the advertising community
- Be great at developing and maintaining long term client relationships
- Be strong at nurturing, developing and managing talent; he/she will need to recruit a junior consultant immediately on joining the firm, develop that individual, as well as working collaboratively with our various partners and freelancers
- Be someone who, when they turn up to a pitch or client event, is obviously so much more passionate and charismatic than any of the competition
- New Thinking
- Helping develop proprietary new thinking and techniques in the latest fields of interest for clients (e.g. behavioral economics, influence theory, social media)
- Writing papers for conferences, articles for industry publications, etc.
- Having regular conversations with senior clients to stay close to their needs and expectations
- Being relentlessly curious about our industry and the world around us, reading new books, papers, etc. to feed and expand new thinking for the firm
- Business Management
- Financials - Project Costing and Profitability
- Business Planning
- Attracting and Developing New Talent – Attracting fresh and inspired Consultants and developing their skills